At Asia Relocation, we understand that navigating the complex visa and immigration process can be overwhelming, especially when you’re relocating to a new country. That’s why we offer comprehensive Visa and Immigration Services in the Philippines to ensure a smooth and hassle-free transition for our clients. Whether you’re coming to the Philippines for work, to join your Filipino spouse, or for any other purpose, our experienced team is here to assist you every step of the way.

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

If you are a foreign national whose country does not have an existing reciprocity agreement with the Philippines and you have a valid contract or marriage with a Filipino spouse, you may be eligible for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). The TRV allows you to reside in the Philippines for an extended period, providing you with the necessary legal documentation for your stay.


Please note that not all nationalities are allowed to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa. Our knowledgeable team will guide you through the eligibility criteria and assist you in determining if you qualify for a TRV.

Validity and Renewal:

The initial TRV is probationary and valid for one year. Renewal of the visa is typically required every two years, except for Indian nationals who can renew it every five years. There is no maximum limit for renewal as long as the foreign national continues to reside with their Filipino spouse.

Change in Circumstances:

In the event of the death, separation, or divorce of the Filipino spouse, the TRV must be canceled, and the foreign national will need to return to the Philippines as a tourist.

Processing Time:

The processing of a TRV application typically takes approximately 2-3 months. Our dedicated team will handle all the necessary paperwork, ensuring timely submission and follow-up on your behalf.

Alien Certificate of Registration I-Card (ACR I-Card):

Along with the TRV, you will receive an Alien Certificate Registration (ACR) Card, which serves as your identification card during your stay in the Philippines. Our team will assist you in obtaining the ACR Card, ensuring compliance with all requirements.

Requirements for TRV Application:

To facilitate your TRV application process, the following documents are typically required:

  • Templates: Our team will provide you with the necessary templates to complete the application forms accurately.
  • Original Passport: A valid passport with a minimum of six months’ validity beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines.
  • Birth Certificate: Birth certificate of the Filipino spouse as proof of the marital relationship. It should be issued by the Philippine Statistic Authority (PSA).
  • Marriage Certificate: A valid marriage certificate demonstrating the legal union between the foreign national and the Filipino spouse. If the marriage was done outside the Philippines, the certificate must be apostilled by the issuing agency or authenticated by the Philippine Embassy.
  • National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance: If you have filed an NBI clearance within six months or more upon your first arrival in the Philippines, this document may be required.
  • Bureau of Quarantine Clearance: If applicable, a Bureau of Quarantine clearance may be necessary, depending on the specific circumstances of your case.


If you will be working in the Philippines while on a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), you are required to secure a work permit at the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

At Asia Relocation, we have extensive experience in assisting individuals and families with their visa and immigration needs in the Philippines. Our dedicated team of experts will provide personalized guidance and support throughout the entire process, ensuring a seamless transition to your new life in the Philippines.

Contact us today to learn more about our Visa and Immigration Services and how we can help you with your relocation to the Philippines.


Get in touch

(Note: To avoid spams, we disallowed URL and Email addresses in the message box)